Archive for the ‘ General ’ Category

I have been calling, and calling, and calling, this mortgage guy for the past three weeks or so, since we met with him. First he told us that we lacked credit references, and that they were trying to work around the normal requirements, but he didn’t think we would have any problems. He asked us to write a couple of letters showing our ability to save cash, and why we have a lack of credit.

So we did, faxed em to him over two weeks ago. Waited a few days, called him, no answer,… left message. Next day, called him, no answer,… left message. A few days later, Called him, said he was out of the office for a few days, and that the underwriter was not in today, but he would have him/her look over our case tomorrow. Wait a couple days, call him again, no answer,.. left message. Call again the next day, he says he’s been busy working on another case that is closing in ten days, so he has not been able to take care of ours. This is semi-understandable, considering that our house wont be finished till November.

So another few days go by, and I call him today. He says, sorry, the underwriter has been out the past couple days, and I know I have been putting off your case, so I will go talk to him/her now, and I’ll call you back. At this point, I’m expecting to not hear back from him as usual, and figured, I’d call him back tomorrow to pester him some more.

I get a call about an hour later from him, saying that the underwriter spoke with thier most lenient lender, and that they would not approve us, due to the same reasons that he told us they were working around. He basicly tells me we need to establish more credit, and maintain it for a year, then they will approve us.

At this point I am completely pissed off, since he was leading me to believe that we would be approved, and would not find out otherwise, so that we could make other arangements. Now not only have we signed the contract on the house already, and it is being built to our specs, but we will also have to pay an additional $5000 at closing since they are the “prefered” lender for our builder, and have some sort of deal.

Basicly, we have about 2 weeks to find someone that will give us a loan, and come up with an extra 5k.

Who turned the stress switch back on?

Back to work today, after I ended up taking yesterday off due to my being here till 1am on sunday. Got my car stereo installed yesterday, I feel like such a dumbass. My friend and I tried to do it last week, and we could not get the OEM out. We even called acura, and they were like, “oh you have to remove all of the paneling around the bottom of the dash, and there will be two gold screws” 3 hours later and a stripped down dash, no joy! This dude did it in 20 minutes yesterday. He was like, “did you try to do it yourself”? I said “yeah” he’s like “I saw the pry marks”. hehe oh well. It’s in, it rockz! now I juzt need an amp and a flyass infinity perfect sub, and i’ll be oontz’n my way through dc.

spent the past 4 hours or so building a new server outta scraps. finally got the hardware issues resolved, and loaded up good ol’ redhat. now to compile a kernel and get this bitch ready to do some serious work.

It’s Friday!!!
Time to go home. Too bad I hafta come in on Sunday night.

Okay,.. so far so good today. I found a home for the second server. The best part,.. its gonna be in a rack in the same farm, actually like two racks over. This means, I don’t hafta worry about tryin to get a a port on the switch trunked to the correct vlan. All I hafta do iz pwer it down, re-rack it, and plug the same cables right back into it.

Unfortunately, I still hafta come in on Sunday night, but at least I dont hafta worry about whether or not other people got shit done in time. If all goes well,.. I am in and out of here in less than an hour. Though driving to and from will take me an hour and a half. Oh well…

Okay, so I’m actually gonna write something semi-meaningful here. Work suckz! I have this big project I am working on, which requires moving some servers from one farm to another. The catch…. The farm the servers are moving to, has no front-end network yet. The farm I’m moving from…. is going to have an internal move, which will require me powering down these servers, which are live monitoring servers.

So last week a run around trying to get ahold of a couple servers to setup as swap machines. After numerous issues, like finding out that each machine only had 1 nic, then finding out that they only had 1 cpu each. We stole another cpu for the primary machine, and found a couple more nics. Looks like life is good, the new farm is supposed to be ready in time. Should be a seamless move.

I come in to work today, and find that Network Ops, fucked up and notified the wrong customers of the downtime that they will have when they activate the new switches in the farm. So they in turn pushed the change back until Saturday night/Sunday morning. Oh, I failed to mention that the move within the farm these servers reside in now, has to happen Sunday evening. So now I’m told that they should have these switches activate d Sunday morning, and I should be able to fail the servers over to the new ones waiting in the new farm.

Now, all of the sudden my manager goes,.. “we need a backup plan”. I’m like look dude, you knew about this shit 2 weeks ago, you shoulda thought about this then. So now he’s all like “you need to find us rack space in one of the other farms, where we can temporarily rack a machine as a backup”. Trying to get rack space in a customer farm here for a “non-profit” machine, is next to impossible. Not to mention, It’s Thursday, and I need this shit ready to go tomorrow!

Bah! Life’s a bitch.




(see above)